Mr Michael Zormelo, GROUP CEO
Michael Zormelo is the Managing Director of The Mustek Group of Companies, comprising:
1. Omni Energy, a leading provider of engineering and value-added oilfield support services, including the provision of drilling chemical solutions and waste management services
2. Mustek Engineering, an indigenous heavy construction and telecommunications service provider
3. Mustek Bitumen, a service provider to the highways and airfields sectors.
Michael has a BSc in Petrol Engineering and Marketing, from Marietta College, Ohio, USA, and his work as Managing Director of the Mustek Group of Companies began in February 2000. He therefore has a firm grasp over the Oil and Gas Industry across Africa, and in particular, in Ghana, Algeria, Dubai, Cameroon, Congo, Ivory Coast, South Africa, and Tanzania, where Omni Energy has its offices.
He has also supported other organisations, as:
• member of the Court of Governors, Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence
• ICT Advisor to Telecom-Liberia
• IT Advisor to the Inspector General of Police
As a consultant, Michael participated in the Strategy and Policy Formulation for pre-paid metre installation for the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG). He also designed management information ;reports for pre-paid metres for ECG; he designed a pre-paid international billing platform for Ghana Telecom (now Vodafone), and he prepared the source and application of funds for pre-paid metres for ECG.
Michael’s vision is to lead and direct the operations of the Mustek Group of Companies, in achieving targets through the implementation of sound management practices and values which ultimately promote the development and wellbeing of the workforce; promote good environmental practices and sustain the development of communities.